Soap Making Basics
Date/Time is of your choosing - Up to 4 people in a class with special pricing.
This is a 3 hour class
Location - Cornwall on Hudson, NY 12520 (once registered and payment is received, address will be provided)
This class will introduce you to the wonderful world of cold process soap making. Have you been afraid to make soap because of your fear of sodium hydroxide (lye)? No need to be scared, sodium hydroxide is the caustic agent that unifies your oils and butters with the liquid solution to make soap. Here you will have hands on experience on how to make your first batch of soap.
In this class you will learn:
· Materials needed and what kind of prep work you need to do before you begin
· All about sodium hydroxide and the necessary precautions you need to take
· How to formulate a recipe
· Using natural ingredients to produce a natural log of soap, using plant based oils, herbs and essential oils
· After you make the soap what next? Insulation, gel phase, cutting , curing and storing
You will take home a resource manual with recipes, a list of suppliers and your own batch of soap.
You will be provided with goggles, gloves and face mask.